Last week I updated you on our crazy-hot real estate market, noting that inventory is low and Lethbridge is the hottest real estate market in Alberta right now. Finally, right? However, national headlines are scaring a lot of homebuyers into believing they will overpay for a home.
While Canadian home prices have soared by double digits, year over year, national numbers simply don’t tell the whole story. As always, real estate remains local, local, local! Let’s look at the market dynamics in Lethbridge specifically:
- Interest rates remain super low.
- The cost of living in Lethbridge is low.
- Buying a home is about lifestyle and intent, not profit.
- Lethbridge home values have stagnated for years. The ‘starting point’ for growth is low.
- The southern Alberta economy is stable, diversified and growing.
In short, Lethbridge homebuyers can be confident that southern Alberta remains a very stable and safe place to put your real estate dollars. Watch my video below for the full story. Then get in touch with us to find out the best strategy for you!